Restaurant Style Salsa
Jump to recipe
I love this recipe because it is so flexible. I will list out the recipe and ingredients but realize that you can switch things out according to diet and what you have in home. For example my brother cannot eat any form of peppers, but he does enjoy a bit of a kick in his salsa. Over time he has just avoided all salsa because it would upset his stomach. One of the things about this salsa is that you don’t even need peppers in it to give it a kick. I will explain more.
- 4 Roma tomatoes (or whatever you have) Good for give the salsa a fresh taste. But if you only have canned or only have fresh tomatoes either one will work
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Small handful of cilantro (increase or decrease amount depending on preference Adam (my husband doesn’t like cilantro, but he enjoys this one because it helps it taste “restaurant-y”)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 3 cloves of garlic Fresh is preferred but powdered is okay!
- 1-2 jalapenos if you seed them it will take out some of the kick. If you like it spicy then leave the seeds in. Again Peppers are optional!
- 1/4 white onion This gives the salsa spiciness without the peppers
- Place all of the ingredients in the blender or food processor and turn it on. I usually let mine go until it is pretty well mixed. Enjoy on everything!! We love this salsa and it will often make its way into our late night snacks.
I will give you a warning though…it is very addictive!
Try out this recipe and let me know what you think.
This is my first time doing a time lapse video, so be nice – I know it isn’t perfect. I thought it would be more visually interesting. The recipe I am making in the video is 1/2 my recipe above and I added green onions because they were in my fridge. Play with the recipe and let me know!
(Visited 293 times, 1 visits today)